JX MOD - Your impressions and balancing requests.

• So JX MOD has been running for a good few months now, and there have already been some big changes to balance the script. However, now that a lot of players have some fairly high upgrades, i would like to know everyone’s thoughts on what needs to be balanced. This includes changing an upgrade completely, or simply buffing the weaker ones, or nerfing the strong ones!

Although it is an upgrade server, and things are going to be obviously unfair on players who do not play as much, it is more of a balance and any ideas to bring new players to the community who believe they have no chance in playing with low upgrades.

The most recent change ( and continuous struggle with speed ) is regarding ammo regen, which will disable if you are moving too fast than your upgrade speed ( However, it will now reactivate if you stand still ) . For those that have the weird and wonderful speed bug which makes you slightly faster than others, it will affect them the most. It also affects people who think they can abuse the ammo regen system too.

So, please let me know what needs changing, or what in your perspective requires tweaking and why, no one liners such as ' humans have too much armour ' etc.

• I personally think that the starting weapons (melee not as much as ranged) are the strongest issue against new players. You just need to get the Remmy with some starting ammo and it will be hard for them to kill you. Next we have the reduced damage aka Toughness. The problem with it is that you should be still able to deal enough damage to kill a zombie with 1 shot in the head (magnum) and 1 body shot I see it on myself when im trying to kill them 235 dmg (head) and additional 2-3 shots are needed. Together with lifesteal its like impossible for a new player to kill a high leveled zombie. Then we have Armour Regen the problem it for low level zombies is it isvery hard to kill a single survivor with high armour regen. Now this is a personal thing the costs of the upgrades are way to high at early levels. (looking at the infection upgrade as example level 3 70k). Maybe lowering the first for example 10 levels and then increase the point requirement for the next level. So it feels more rewarding for having already something at level 10. Another thing would be giving people a reward for killing a higher leveled player and maybe even showing in chat that they did receive the award. Kinda achievement like. Shutdown bonuses like the fungrades had (which was also suggested).

This is atm all for now will add more if i find them.

• This threads contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!