A11 talk and updates

• As most of you probably already know, the long-awaithed Alpha-11 will be released somewhere next month. For those not yet aware of this, see the A11 status update.

With the comming of A11, some things are going to change on the server too.

First of all, the whitelist I've been working on for some time will come into effect as soon as the server is updated to A11, meaning the game will no longer be password-protected.

Second, with the whitelist enabled the server will become public, and so a subtopic for applications to be whitelisted shall be added on the forums. Everyone who has previously played on the 7DtD server or is an admin on ZPS is on the whitelist by default. Those people do not have to apply.

A third point is that I will add some modded content, mainly crafting recipes, but perhaps also some building blocks and/or guns. Note that I'm not a professional modmaker, so especially the first tries can be buggy. Please report bugs to me or on the forums, and I'll see if I can fix them.

This also brings me to a 4th point, namely buggs. I've not yet asked Joux, but I'm thinking of (asking Joux to) add(ing) the 7DtD server to our bugtracker, so that all bugs can easily be reported there for me and other admins to read.

Talking about admins, here's another thing. Right now the admin-system sammy's has is mainly based on ZPS. With the expansion of this serverhost to more and more games this will enevitably change, but until then the ZPS admins that are most active on 7DtD will get full adminrights on the 7DtD server.

The final point for now will be an idea-topic. Here common 7DtD players can place some idea's they have for the game. This can be anything: from a structure they want to build (and need help with) to some modding idea's.

As A11 closes in, I will probably be adding more points of interest to this list.
    Feel free to talk about the points given above or give suggestions below ;)

Edit: for those not yet aware of it: A11 most likely does require a map restart. But seeing the new features they are adding, I think it is more than worth it

/人 ‿‿ 人\ Wanna make a contract?

Edited once, last by Mikeforall ().

• This threads contains 48 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!