being member - thought- provoking impulses

• Ahoy together,

after playing a lot recently, most of the time in eu2, i want to talk about some things that made me thinking:

In my opinion being member should be more than putting the tag into the name and getting 20% extra points, you should take care of (maybe stupid :D) questions and problems of all players and make them have fun while playing in our servers, so that they rejoin again.

In the following list i have some points that cause me quite a headache sometimes and some members should think about them maybe:

- Spawnkilling when spawnkilling is allowed: There are some maps (church or bar) where spawnkilling is allowed as its impossible to control but still, do you really have to do that excessivley just to get many kills? Its so annoying when you are the only zombie and get shot every time after a few seconds.

- Be a fair winner: Zombies have just been raped last map? Good job, but theres no need to say things like "easy" or "weak zombies", the zombies tried their best and you should appreciate that.

- Do objectives: I know that objectives dont give you points and sure you need ppl who defend against he zombies, but often i see everyone defending but noone doing objectives. You as a member should pluck up courage and do the damn objectives because you realized that the only way to win IS doing objectives.

- Give new players a fair chance: I know this piont is really hard, but when you see zombies have no chance, often when the map is too easy for humans, just stop shooting them at distance and maybe even let them kill you and help them as a zombie, rather then trying desperately to get as many kills as you can get.
    If you are zombie and about to rape a new player, just dont, let them kill you a few times so they will have some moments of success and then kill them later.

I know im not a saint, I also have problems with the mentioned points but i try to do my best. (although i have to admit i have been quite annoyed by zps recently, most of the times because nobody cared about the above mentioned points) :/

I just want ppl to think about about those points, and bloody hell, its not easy to do it but maybe you can just pause for a minute when youre ingame and try to forget your point greed and do the damn objectives. :P

• Want to add a thing: since when did it become more important to have as many points as possible than to have a lot of fun? I remember times we were just messing around or be in spec-room for a whole map just because it was fun.

I've seen many members whose sole goal it is to get as many points as possible and this by any means necessary. This is not what a community is about. A community is to make new friends and have fun with them.
    This includes new people. They should have fun too but it's not fun to be insta-raped by the more experienced players.

Compare it to a person who plays DOTA2/LoL for the first time. I've read many new players who hated the game because they got called noob etc. Instead of putting all that effort into humiliating a person, put the effort in helping him.

So in short: don't go point-whoring.
    What I do to make it more fun for weaker players: I collect good guns (so the point-whores can't get them) and give them to the weaker so they too can have a fair chance.

• This threads contains 58 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!