Server Stability / Forum Change

• Just so people know the issues, the New dedicated server is crashing, quite alot...which means it takes down the EU servers and Website for a good 10-15 mins. As there are no logs into why its crashing, i am taking the EU servers down ( UK will be up still dont worry! ) and will see how things go ( auto restart now works on these too :) ). the issues seems to have arisen since i put the ZPS servers in place there ( As we had some test mine craft servers running for 2-3 weeks without a crash ).

I am sorry all, but when things are stable i can finally work on expanding games and adding a lot more new features to all servers :) and get the community expanding !

As for the Forum, I updated the Linux box this website is running on, which updated ... alot of things. which broke the original apache install ( as this was updated ) and this forum software was not a happy bunny, almost all permissions and dynamic content was destroyed and was pretty much impossible to fix.

but hopefully the issues where linked to the ZPS servers and the Windows VPS it was running on.

• I feel your pain, I did a ports upgrade on one of my old freebsd boxes... oh geeze big mistake, it tried to update all my installed ports which kept breaking things... what a nightmare... Also it tries to compile everything from source instead of just downloading a pre-compiled tbz...

Apt & Yum run so much smoother, and as long as you are running a distro with LTS they are pretty good about not breaking stuff (at the expense of not being on the bleeding edge).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!