complainty type thing about the server i guess

• OK TO THE MANAGERS/HeadAdmins/SERVER OWNER i apologise that this is probs in the wrong place but i still cant navigate this site very well coz im stupid like that

i also feel i should say that i love the server i love all the mods weve run since i started playing with some of you for what must be about 6 years now since the original rpg mod before JXMod and i want to keep the community alive and i want it to do well

ok now onto serious matters, now over the past few months a few of you have been discussing with me a few of the things ive pointed out about the fungrades system (points system) and have been pushing me to make a thread about it
    so after all this time i guess im finally going to get myself permaba...... i mean im finally gona make a thread providing u all keep your word and support it like you said you would after convincibg me to type this damn thing despite how bad it makes me feel and how very wrong i most likely am -.-

(this isnt worded nor does it sound as good as when i have debated in steam chat about this with some of the admins and members as well as some of the former admins and membersso im hoping they will remember what ive said in the past and talk about it here to help me out xD)

ok so im gona start off with my personal theory as to why i think the current system is not quite working at its full potential (trying to word this as best i can to not offend coz i love the server and everything about it i just think it has flaws)
    my first problem is that the current upgrades are way to OP(may not be right choice of wording) specially health, speed and gun damage, lifesteal isnt quite as OP as them but can still be a big rage maker ive noticed on the server, as ive discussed with some of you those 3 stats are the primary The vast majority have chosen to spam, now i understand its their choice what they spend on but it has made alot of the players damn near untouchable even with magnum headshots and my sledgehammer skills with my majority of points going into mellee damage. its causing alot of the weaker players to just up and quit the server and never come back. as one of the admins i was talking to pointed out the magnum is meant to be the ultimate anti zombie gun when in the right hands hell even when in unskilled hands its meant to be lethal but against a high level player its reduced to almost nothing most the time it feel like your throwing pebbles at a cliff and if your lucky you might knock something loose and do some damage to it. this also means acheivements are harder to complete foor the lower levels also meaning and even more decreased production of points
    this bring me onto point no.2 the low levels not being able to grab as many points coz the higher levels choice of stats allow them to easily farm on any map under the guise of 'there is a zombie i must kill it before some1 else does' now in an average match im scoring below between 150-500 points coz i spend most my time doing objectives, making cades and supporting the lower levels while most the higher levels just swan about looking for things to kill even even on survival maps (<--- thatll be point no.3) and getting ,from what ive been told coz i cant actually see the points other people are getting so im going by word of mouth here, 1500+ on average per round. now imagine ur a low level who cant even get in a kill coz EVERYONE higher than you is trying to farm points (pretty much my point here is that the current system is rewarding people for farming from what i am able to tell that may be wrong its just something i think ive noticed)
    now onto point number 3 SURVIVAL MAPS AND PLAYER TACTICS. now lets back track a few years to when bacon and acy and pizza guy were nooby as hell (figured id add a bit of humour gota keep u guys entertained somehow) lets use Lake of Acid And Iceland and church as example survival maps here. back then the game tactic was barricade the doors as fast as u can block the window access and hole up in decent size groups and only venture outside when u needed something and dont shoot unless some1 needs help or something is getting in. now the playstyle is for the higher levels to wander outside of what i call the survival zones (building and places u can cade) and just farm kills anywhere and everywhere and take all the guns and ammo with them leaving the low levels for dead and once again taking most of the points for themselves when they are clearly the ones who DONT ******* need it. even on the newer church where u cant go outside all the high levels take up key vantage points that give them perfect views of everything after scrounging up all the weapons and ammo they can carry and just open fire on everything that moves and yet again given there superior stats even if the low levels managed to join in they wouldnt get much for it. as for objective maps the same thing applies the higher levels will spend almost NONE of their time doing objectives unless the admins tell them to (even some of the admins are guilty of this) there are a few maps where the objective just coincidentally happens to be the spot theyd camp anyway so they get away with it on occassion because of that but usually its me doing objectives and the low levels just trying to do what they can when they actually get a chance to.
    POINT NUMBER 4. overall comradery between players ECSPECIALLY ADMINS AND MEMBERS. now with the whole fighting for points thing going on the comradery between players has gone down, back in the day on a survival map if you see another player run out of a building being chased by a horde a few of us would run over atempt to rescure and gaurd him to where we were holed up if possible or take pot shots at the zeds closest to him if we cant get outside till he gets somewhere safe but now ive noticed the whole team survival aspect is dying rapidly very few players will actually look out for the entire team and mainly just focus on themselves leaving everyone else for dead. now a few admins and members are helping me keep this alive but there are few of us actually doing this a few more have recently started doing this after ive talked with a few of them but alot of member and admins are really bad at it when they should be setting an example to the other players and supporting them as pillars of the community both in game and out of game on here
    another issue which is more because of my personal taste is the constant looping of maps where players can farm kills, i think bringing back the old rule of each map can only be played once a day or once every 12 hours like we used to would fix that easily but its a bit of a gamble as alot of the farmers are prone to leaving when a map comes on they dont like but at least this way we actually get to play other maps as well

now i realise that almost everything ive pointed out cant really be fixed by the head admins, managers and owner and is more community based hence why im posting it here for all to see

now im sure i had more to say but ive been at work since 5am and i have a cluster migraine and im losing sight in my left eye again so ima take that as my cue to stop typing untill i can actually remember everything or untill the others fill in the rest for me coz im sure i remember them having things to say as well in the chats
    i know some people had issues with some of the other members and admins but that isnt something to be posted here and its not for me to discuss so i apologise if u were expectin me to put it here bt its not my place to do that

uhhhhhh you have no idea how bad i feel posting this i been sitting here cotemplating submitting it or not but i figured id just ask an admin to delete it if anything goes wrong xD

• Tl;dr Kappa

Zassh 4 admin/Jouxreplacement!

No, it's been ages since I've played zps, but everything you said was also a problem back then. The constant Church nominations, the farms and leaving low-lvl players to die or even bait them

Especially the point whoring was sth I have been annoyed by for so long now. But then again, that's just my philosophy to not play a game to be the very best (DAM DAM DAM!!) but just to have fun and to mess around.
    Sometimes the opposite happens [this is from earlier when I still actively played zps], where I would solo redqueen and when I reactived the power I would be all alone to fight against a horde of zombies coz most people just ran for the bridge and left me (I cri, 1 liek = 1 prayer)

This is indeed something we should talk about as a community and I feel like members should take up responsibility and provide fun for all, not just the selected few who are at the top of the leaderboards. If you don't want to do this and just want to play your style, which only gives you pleasure, then you should not be a member.

The map thingy is an issue as well. Most people in the server only know 5 or 6 maps I'd say (I count the church maps as 1), meanwhile I tried to nominate Factory [or facility, whatever its name was, you had to look for 3 radios] but that map never gets chosen because people don't know it. And when it gets chosen, it takes 2 minutes to be voted away again coz people don't know what to do [and nobody explains it to them, coz they don't know the map themselves]

• This threads contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!