grant the ban command for level 1 admins

• i know that level 1 admins arenot supposed to have as many powers as higher level admins but a basic ban command (at least for 30 min or sth like that) should be possible as level 1 admin

the resaon for this: today we had a hacker in the server and only a level 1 admin was there and he couldnt ban when he rejoined after kick
    as vban cant be used while an admin is in the server, the admin had to leave in order to enable vban for another member

so id say give level 1 admins the power to ban

• I'll probably get banned for saying this and I don't care anymore! Shit's fucked up, yo.
    Swear words ahead. If your little, poor, pure soul can't handle that shit, well... read on, you'll have to learn how to deal with these things once you grow the fuck up.

Let me start from the beginning. I don't mind that most members can't do !vban or !vkick anymore, including me. I don't care about such powers and tbh most members probably shouldn't have that power, as long as there's someone out there who can exercise them (the powers) for the betterment of the community. And guess what? There's not enough of such people. Sure, we got admins, sure, some are online most of the time to get stuff done, but guess what? Even they can't do shit. So, I was on eu2 the other day (abotu half an hour ago), and there were like six fucking members there, and some guy who was hacking. Now, none of the members couldn't do anything, and people were complaining, so I called up the first person that I see on my friend list - Buldy. He's an admin, right? Surely he could slap that kid the fuck out of there.

Guess what? WROOOONG! He was an admin, yet he had lower powers than a fucking member. Let me spell this out. Some members. Have higher powers. Than a fucking admin. Surely I don't have to say what's wrong with that. So, okay, Buldy calls up char, he's HIGHER lvl admin (EDIT: OH WAIT, CHAR ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING ADMIN!), surely he can permaban or at least ban for a long period of time. Guess what? That doesn't happen. All he can do is !vban for sixty minutes. Of course people talked shit about an admin banning a speedhacker for only sixty minutes. Normally such people are permabanned on the spot. How the hell was I supposed to explain that two admins couldn't do shit about that? Talk about representing the community!
    So, there's obviously a problem here. Of course it's not the only problem. There's the bullshit rule that (while logical) doesn't work - when there's someone above you online, you can't do anything. That's... like, I get it. But when an admin joins and then goes AFK for a long period of time, especially a high ranking admin, and then there's someone doing shit... well, you can probably see what the problem is.

Look, I am not telling you to take the rights of members and leave it at that. I am not telling you to make more useless admins that can't even scratch the asses of wrongdoers. I am telling you (not even suggesting right now, this should be fucking obvious) that we need more admins that can actually do SOMETHING. For the love of God, I don't get the whole lvl 1 to 99 admin list that's, for the most part, useless. When a member gets an adminship, he should be one of the most trustworthy members of the whole community. I mean, there are some here that have been around for a long damn time, who I'd vouch for with my damn left hand, and they have even been promoted to admins, and still can't. do. jack. shit. I mean, if you don't trust these people enough, then why even make them fucking admins, so that they can get mocked by others when they try to exercise their powers and fail so damn much because of a unreasonable adminlist power leveling- Yes, there should be some distinctions, those with lesser power and those with higher power, but don't go to the extreme, and you know there's something wrong when an admin has lower rights than fucking members.

Seriously. What the fuck. I made this point a long time ago, and nothing got resolved. This is happening over, and over, and over again and nothing gets resolved. I love this community, there are great people here who have sacrificed a long portion of their time to make this community happen, but some decisions that have been made are way the fuck out there. I am not talking out of the field. I am talking about the fucking orbit.
    Fucking hell son of a bitch ass, I am so mad right now that I am chewing on my monitor and banging my keyboard around.

Edited once, last by Drakasin ().

• This threads contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!