JX MOD - Your impressions and balancing requests.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

JX MOD - Your impressions and balancing requests.

So JX MOD has been running for a good few months now, and there have already been some big changes to balance the script. However, now that a lot of players have some fairly high upgrades, i would like to know everyone’s thoughts on what needs to be balanced. This includes changing an upgrade completely, or simply buffing the weaker ones, or nerfing the strong ones!

Although it is an upgrade server, and things are going to be obviously unfair on players who do not play as much, it is more of a balance and any ideas to bring new players to the community who believe they have no chance in playing with low upgrades.

The most recent change ( and continuous struggle with speed ) is regarding ammo regen, which will disable if you are moving too fast than your upgrade speed ( However, it will now reactivate if you stand still ) . For those that have the weird and wonderful speed bug which makes you slightly faster than others, it will affect them the most. It also affects people who think they can abuse the ammo regen system too.

So, please let me know what needs changing, or what in your perspective requires tweaking and why, no one liners such as ' humans have too much armour ' etc.
    I personally think that the starting weapons (melee not as much as ranged) are the strongest issue against new players. You just need to get the Remmy with some starting ammo and it will be hard for them to kill you. Next we have the reduced damage aka Toughness. The problem with it is that you should be still able to deal enough damage to kill a zombie with 1 shot in the head (magnum) and 1 body shot I see it on myself when im trying to kill them 235 dmg (head) and additional 2-3 shots are needed. Together with lifesteal its like impossible for a new player to kill a high leveled zombie. Then we have Armour Regen the problem it for low level zombies is it isvery hard to kill a single survivor with high armour regen. Now this is a personal thing the costs of the upgrades are way to high at early levels. (looking at the infection upgrade as example level 3 70k). Maybe lowering the first for example 10 levels and then increase the point requirement for the next level. So it feels more rewarding for having already something at level 10. Another thing would be giving people a reward for killing a higher leveled player and maybe even showing in chat that they did receive the award. Kinda achievement like. Shutdown bonuses like the fungrades had (which was also suggested).

This is atm all for now will add more if i find them.
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Did you ever the hear the tragedy of Angela Ziegler the wise ?
    Show Spoiler

I thought not. It's not a story the
    Blizzard Devs would tell you. It's an Overwatch legend.
    Angela Ziegler was the main healer of Overwatch, so powerful and so skilled she could use her rapid healing to influence the human body to create life...
    She had such a knowledge of healing that she could even keep the ones she cared about from dying.
    The Zürich PHD is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
    She became so powerful... the only thing she was afraid of was losing her power, which eventually, of course, she did.
    Unfortunately, she taught Jeff Kaplan everything she knew, then her developers nerfed her in her sleep.
    Ironic, she could save others from death, but not herself.
    You know, to be honest I was watching few of top 10 players and as you know the are insanely ahead of others.
    However, even though they are strong they are not overpowered.
    I will use that opportunity and say that even though they are strong- they are not arrogant. I joined the server when there were no admins online as undercover from another account and surprisingly the teamplay was awesome. The strong ones helped the weaker ones, and at that time, this was amazing. I did this only once but I hope that what I saw will be always like that. Both sides zombies and survivors were considerate and cooperative.

This mod is balanced well. I think the problem is in the -term time when level 30's will be reached. As always we will have new comers and same as before a huge part of then will leave due to the unfair situation of sonic players.

So I came up with the idea that was used in Limitless' times. The idea is: When those super high upgraded people are here you will have a mild boost, what do I mean by that? The less points you have the bigger the point multiplier will be. E.g. I have 10k points overall if that high pointed player is in my team I will recieve a normal amount of points considering the fact he is in my team. If that person is against me and I have 10k points I will get a 70% (random number) more points by the end of the round. If I have 100k points I will get 50% point boost. Again the less points you have the more boost you will get in the end.

Now there's the catch. That person has to be against you FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE ROUND. That person being with you and him dying in the last minute of the round won't grand you a boost. What I try to say is that being against a well upgraded player will help you and encourge you to finish the round so you will acquire more points in the end. Basically that's my idea and I don't think there's even a bad thing about it.
    Hm what if you die do you still get the bonus or only if you manage to survive that round ?

Show Spoiler

Angela Ziegler was the main healer of Overwatch, so powerful and so skilled she could use her rapid healing to influence the human body to create life...
    She had such a knowledge of healing that she could even keep the ones she cared about from dying.
    She became so powerful... the only thing she was afraid of was losing her power, which eventually, of course, she did.
    Unfortunately, she taught Jeff Kaplan everything she knew, then her developers nerfed her in her sleep.
    Even better, AS LONG AS (while for the programmers :P) you are against this person the points you CURRENTLY have will be boosted. AS SOON AS you die, (while stops) the boosts is added to your CURRENT points and from that point on your points will be calculated without a boost.
    Sounds nice

Show Spoiler

XeroX wrote:

I personally think that the starting weapons (melee not as much as ranged) are the strongest issue against new players. You just need to get the Remmy with some starting ammo and it will be hard for them to kill you.

True dat, starting wep feels kind of useless. Consider this: we play on redqueen map and normally that map would be fairly balanced since 3 people at most go down often. The zombie has a huge chance of getting at least one person killed then. However with the starting weapons, people have magnum from the beginning so if zombie gets no chance to kill someone there, then the rest of the map will be very hard for the zombies.

Also I want my zombie sense back :P
    I agree that its anfair to other players. All we know how hard to kill high lvl players like Sasuke or Jack. Maybe will better (For zombies: if you runner (upgrade speed and damage - you have a few HP and touchness, but if you upgrade HP and damage, touchness you have a very few speed.); for Humans: if you have a high speed you cant use starting weapon more thatn 4 lvl and ammoregen turn off, if you upgrade not a speed - you have a high damage, ammoregen and starting weapon more than lvl 4.)) Or somthing other changes. For speed i mean - that ammoregen will dont work after speed 15... And do other limitations.

I believe that you understand me)))
    QTWave QTWave QTWave SUCH A LOVELY DAY QTWave QTWave QTWave
    the thing that disturbs me a bit is the fact that you have no chance to get as many points when youre playing as a zombie compared to the amount of points you can get as human

also the system that reduces points for either humans or zombies to prevent peaploe from playing their favourite class only, does not really work as i always have reduced zombie points although i trie to spawn as human as often as i can,
    but it is impossible not to play more as a zombie when you also count the many times you play zombie against your will (when getting killed :/ )
    hence only the class you spawn as should effect the point reduction if you want to have more ppl playing as a zombie voluntary
Copyright © by soldiersofdemise.com 2020