Possible new rule for SoD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

Possible new rule for SoD

hello everyone, i came here to share an idea i have for SoD.
      i want to know if you guys agree to this.
      i have a rule in mind for making an application to be a member, new players have to wait for 1 or 2 months before applying to be a member so we know that person more.
      anyway i really hope that this idea works. BloodTrail
      If you dont like your destiny
      dont accept it.

instead have the courage
      to change it
      the way you want it
      to be!
      BloodTrail
      Well that thing is already in the "strong recommendations" made by Luke.
      And I guess current members still don't leave their opinions fast if they see someone new for only few days.
      But anyway make it as an official rule also not bad idea. So everything will be clear, and applicants will understand why they are not accepted or denied for a kinda long period.
      yeah, i mean more if they made an account for SoD forum only to apply they have to wait for 2 months before making an application. and in the meantime they can still talk in some threads and show what they can do and not only in zps
      dont accept it.

instead have the courage
      to change it
      the way you want it
      to be!
      BloodTrail
      2 months is so long time, when i was in school it was no problem be active and play every day but now with my current work its almost imposible be here more then 2 days in row, so for new* members be active 2 months gonna be hell my opinion :) also Family take some time. I like idea make this decision for new* players who not active so much and expand their time for applying if cody or someone who care about applying need more time for votes so easily expand time (let this decision for admin)

Show Spoiler
      Cody removed me from friendlist on steam i am gonna cry :(
      I don't have a final decision on that yet. I mean on the one hand you're right people apply too early and current members don't even know the person and (bad) decisions might be made too early. But on the other hand I don't wanna restrict applications to a timer and let them do their own decision on when to apply (and no way put it above 2-3 months. I personally would lose interest too if I first had to wait until I can apply and then wait another time during my application). People are completely different and so should be their shaping of applications. Some applicants climb pretty fast and get higher positions in less time, some take more time (best example for fast climbing is Mr.Rabbit). Like Leo already mentioned about Lukes recommendation thread for new applicants, people who apply too early can't get around the members opinions and have to wait long enough anyway because members will need more time to get a good Impression. What I find more important is that our members get an actual impression and give a reasonable respone to whether the applicant should be accepted or not. Don't go for a final decision too early if you aren't sure yet and take your time to decide and reply. Going for "-1 I don't like him" doesn't make the decision better for us, rather explain as to why the applicant deserves to be accepted or not. All in all what I tried to say is that I would like to look at each applicant individually with his own strengths an weaknesses rather than shaping him into a square out of rules and forms because at the end of the day you guys still give your opinions and vote whether someone suits in or not. But like I said I'm not fully sure yet and would like to see some good ideas/opinions and also gonna talk to Cody about this.
      My opinion would be, to twist the rule. Everyone who is interessted, in being an Member of "SoD", should be able to make an App. if they want to but, we could handle it, that the App. itself has to stay open for i dunno 3 weeks before a final decision will be made, so people have enough time to tell there first impression and there final ones. So Newcomers wont be restricted from applying and we have enough time to get our impressions, so we can make an final decision of wether this person should be accepted or not. I think this is a good middle way for both sides

Okypok87 wrote:

if they want to but, we could handle it, that the App. itself has to stay open for i dunno 3 weeks before a final decision will be made, so people have enough time to tell there first impression and there final ones.
      Well then there may be super many apps at the same time which will make it more difficult i think :s Like u have to follow 10 guys and u have different time limits like decide with person x in 3 days with person y in 2 weeks and such. For me it would be super messy :/
      Yeah Oky has a point, I was thinking of something like this. Well actually it's already done similar on the manager side, like decisions are made on factors like activity, amount of repsone by members (+ or -), overall impression and from that we decide, whether an app needs more time or someone is ready to join. We had recent applicants who applied too early and none of them made it through yet, because again, at the end of the day member votes decide, who can join and who can not, regardless of him being active for a day or a year. But putting a minimum timer for applications (Okys example 3 weeks) can be usefull, to know, when the deadline for us managers and for you members is.
      1 month would be good and might be that they will lose interest in waiting but on my view being a member is not just applying and having a tag. The person who wants to be a member can also help the community meanwhile he/she has to wait for a month.
      dont accept it.

instead have the courage
      to change it
      the way you want it
      to be!
      BloodTrail

Post was edited 2 times, last by “cronox” ().

Angel wrote:

Okypok87 wrote:

if they want to but, we could handle it, that the App. itself has to stay open for i dunno 3 weeks before a final decision will be made, so people have enough time to tell there first impression and there final ones.
      Well then there may be super many apps at the same time which will make it more difficult i think :S Like u have to follow 10 guys and u have different time limits like decide with person x in 3 days with person y in 2 weeks and such. For me it would be super messy :/

I dont think that will happen, sure maybe 2-3 Members at the same time might be possible but i don think, it's going to be much more than that.
      Glad people like the idea, i mean if people have to be active for 1 month and than have to wait 3 weeks in order to be accepted or not, i dont see the point there. so we could accelerate the whole thing, by just making a generel deadline for how long an app. has to stay open, which helps everybody to keep track of how much time they have in order to give a final decision. It could be done by posting or editing the app. with the deadline in the app itself, so everybody can see the final date
      seems like a good idea but leme get the bad points out

well cron and...pretty much everyone and me,you all know how dedication can go right?

imagine the guy playing like 4 hours a day all of a sudden and be super friends with everyone like some sort of freakin uuh..."hero" ...or "saviour"

wouldn't it be boring or even ANNOYING to make him (and us) to wait for joining us?plus ,in extreme case,,the person could get bored and just go away because of the non membership.

don't get me Wrong,your idea isn't retarded but there are pros and cons that need further thinking from ....who decides?whatever,just sayinbg what i think.

EDIT:if the time to wait is from 2 week to 1 month,what i just wrote would be either useless and retarded.
      IM A FROG MOO
    Copyright © by soldiersofdemise.com 2019