Hey! We mostly communicate on our Discord server nowadays.
So if You wish to chat with us feel free to join.

Suggestion: EU4/EU5 servers to have fun maps only

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

I feel like there are these different types of servers in general when ya look at maps only.

Stock maps, stock + custom maps, cabin/church/lake maps, deathrun/screwaround maps, deathmatch maps.

Now the first two ones are definitely over saturated. Luckily we use upgrades. Cabin/church/lake servers got more of a balance to it.
      But there really are no populated servers with Fun/deathmatch maps only. Which is honestly quite sad since they are really really enjoyable.

So yeah i fully agree that, maybe not us, but someone needs to get a deathrun-ish server running/populated again.
      Of course id like to see us being the ones managing that, but servers be servers ;<

Z-zachary wrote:

I feel like there are these different types of servers in general when ya look at maps only.

Stock maps, stock + custom maps, cabin/church/lake maps, deathrun/screwaround maps, deathmatch maps.

Now the first two ones are definitely over saturated. Luckily we use upgrades. Cabin/church/lake servers got more of a balance to it.
      But there really are no populated servers with Fun/deathmatch maps only. Which is honestly quite sad since they are really really enjoyable.

So yeah i fully agree that, maybe not us, but someone needs to get a deathrun-ish server running/populated again.
      Of course id like to see us being the ones managing that, but servers be servers ;<

And should the idea be scrapped, then EU3 should have at least some fun maps as well. I see many players requesting deathrun maps already.
      The issue with having said maps on Eu3 is that they completely break due to the upgrades, Speedsters being able to run the deathruns super fast as an example or others surviving traps cause of health n whatnot. I mean, yeah the maps doesnt become a complete pile of shit. But it ruins the experience for most people. All in all, its a huge balancing issue.

I just do not think they belong on Eu3 whatsoever.
      They fit better on Eu1/2. Problem there are the vanilla stats and the whole cabin 24/7 thing. I feel they fit the best on Eu2, but then again, people are there for cabin so....

While i am at it, i might as well just toss out this other funny thought. Another option would simply be to, colab with another community and agree on maybe them hosting a "Fun" server and we promoting them on all our other servers. Because in all honesty, we don't really "benefit" from having all the players on our servers. All that it does is make it worth the cost of hosting our servers, not actually earn us money.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Z-zachary” ().

You have requested once about adding lake and church maps.
      They were added, and now i see those maps make people leave, and can just "kill the server" in some cases, imho.
      Same with cabin... like Lion and me said before, if there already some server with that map 24/7 only, there is lost biggest meaning of having mentioned above maps... But it's off topic now.

Regarding this one idea, funny maps only server maybe would be nice, especially cos there literally no any server in the list atm (even not popular).
      But another question, who will populate it since everyone belongs to eu3 nowadays? :d
      I do like the deathrun maps and fun maps a lot, but i also know from a lot of experience when playing them, it kills the server. i can never remember it filling the old servers or being beneficial. we hosted a deathrun server a few years back for those that remember it, with its own deathrun mod. it even ranked how many deathruns you completed with the time taken, and its own leader board, and leader for each map thinking that would draw people in to play them, but again, it did not workout well ( i cannot remember fully, but i think there was another death-run server at the time which may have had some bearing on it ). Although we do have some other plans for EU4 which may or may not happen as of yet, if enough people want a deathrun server, it can easily be added.

The only way i would add them to the current servers, and again, it would need a lot of agreement from the community, is to add them but make them only playable (rtv/nominate) with a few players / low server population.
      SL used to host a Deathrun server when i was a member. And it was always filled up when i was on. The community itself plays a big role, especially on those types of servers. You are there to have fun, not get the most kills or best upgrades. So if the community itself isn't welcoming and fun, then the deathrun server stands no chance.

But what you said there Joux. I agree they should be locked behind a population wall if we add em.

Joux wrote:

I do like the deathrun maps and fun maps a lot, but i also know from a lot of experience when playing them, it kills the server. i can never remember it filling the old servers or being beneficial. we hosted a deathrun server a few years back for those that remember it, with its own deathrun mod. it even ranked how many deathruns you completed with the time taken, and its own leader board, and leader for each map thinking that would draw people in to play them, but again, it did not workout well ( i cannot remember fully, but i think there was another death-run server at the time which may have had some bearing on it ). Although we do have some other plans for EU4 which may or may not happen as of yet, if enough people want a deathrun server, it can easily be added.

The only way i would add them to the current servers, and again, it would need a lot of agreement from the community, is to add them but make them only playable (rtv/nominate) with a few players / low server population.

Or a better idea, it should be playable only through rtv/nominate, sure (Like most maps :P) with a few players? Sure and sure. How about, however, and as I suggested to Xerox who said it's not possible or something (I dont remember), why not make those deathrun/smash cannonz maps last only 10 minutes? That would be more comfortable. Indeed, if the players want to keep playing the same map, they can vote "Don't change" when map voting comes up.

What I am saying is, I believe, the maps should still be nominated even if the server is full BUT the maps should last 10 minutes top, unlike other maps which last 30 minutes.

Z-zachary wrote:

SL used to host a Deathrun server when i was a member. And it was always filled up when i was on. The community itself plays a big role, especially on those types of servers. You are there to have fun, not get the most kills or best upgrades. So if the community itself isn't welcoming and fun, then the deathrun server stands no chance.

But what you said there Joux. I agree they should be locked behind a population wall if we add em.

I have never seen a SL server host deathrun maps. When did that happen? Only I know they had a server cabin only.

Aside of that, EU2 (Then upgrades server) used to have Deathrun Guinea and regardless of the number of players at that time, be it low or full, there were many circumstances that many players would vote deathrun guinea map over objective maps. Smash cannonz was a rare but I dont recall those maps killing the server entirely.

I still wont forget how Sammy ZPS server was full when it played deathrun and smash cannonz maps :P
      Players have changed over the years and especially with 3.0. So those "popular" maps aren't always that popular and instead kill the server right away. (Such as Church, partially rabbithole, lila billy just to name a few)
      yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Did you ever the hear the tragedy of Angela Ziegler the wise ?
      Show Spoiler

I thought not. It's not a story the
      Blizzard Devs would tell you. It's an Overwatch legend.
      Angela Ziegler was the main healer of Overwatch, so powerful and so skilled she could use her rapid healing to influence the human body to create life...
      She had such a knowledge of healing that she could even keep the ones she cared about from dying.
      The Zürich PHD is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
      She became so powerful... the only thing she was afraid of was losing her power, which eventually, of course, she did.
      Unfortunately, she taught Jeff Kaplan everything she knew, then her developers nerfed her in her sleep.
      Ironic, she could save others from death, but not herself.

XeroX wrote:

Players have changed over the years and especially with 3.0. So those "popular" maps aren't always that popular and instead kill the server right away. (Such as Church, partially rabbithole, lila billy just to name a few)

I even suggested the removal of hardcore maps, namely the drinage ones because they do kill the server but... nothing.

Only church we got is SOD ones if I am not wrong and it's been proved useful as no more humans can spawnkill. There were many circumstances today that zombies won kind of easy after trying hard to kill humans.

Cabin maps should be removed as we got EU2 for this.. Lake maps? Not sure, one time they helped server be full with players one time they did not. Never had any issue with rabbithole map but not sure about lila billy.

Most players got different likings.
      Drinage was actually removed over the weekend, i've yet to update maplist. I have not seen the cabin map kill the server, infact the last few times i've seen it played, it fills it.

Plus, it is irrelevant that we have a 24/7 cabin server, eu3 specifically is an upgrade server, people who enjoy cabin & upgrades should not need to choose.
    Copyright © by soldiersofdemise.com 2020