JX MOD - UPDATE LOG - 01.10.2016

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

Just intressting to see i mean when zombie hp regen delay got added i got like 3 or more ppl messinging me why it was added and now the exact opposite. Keep in mind that the extreme tanky zombie era (about 1 year without balance change in that regard) ends at some point.
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Did you ever the hear the tragedy of Angela Ziegler the wise ?
    Show Spoiler

I thought not. It's not a story the
    Blizzard Devs would tell you. It's an Overwatch legend.
    Angela Ziegler was the main healer of Overwatch, so powerful and so skilled she could use her rapid healing to influence the human body to create life...
    She had such a knowledge of healing that she could even keep the ones she cared about from dying.
    The Zürich PHD is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
    She became so powerful... the only thing she was afraid of was losing her power, which eventually, of course, she did.
    Unfortunately, she taught Jeff Kaplan everything she knew, then her developers nerfed her in her sleep.
    Ironic, she could save others from death, but not herself.
    the problem isn't as much the regendelay itself, but the combination of the regen and the high max-hp generation.
    Perhaps split it into 2 upgrades, if possible: One that gives direct hp regen (and thus is very expensive and gives a low regen/sec) and one that gives a regen after the zombie hasn't been hit for an x-amount of seconds.

Alternitively we can nerve the regen itself or even reverse the change.
    /人 ‿‿ 人\ Wanna make a contract?
    ahhah Cpt... Sadly sometimes i need to do same... Im letting beginners to kill me 3-4 times and only then doing my dark business to avoid leaving -_-
    Edit:
    I understand that probably theese discussions hasn't real influence on the decision do reset or not but:
    I'm agreed with point ''make the wipe''. But im also understand people who wasted a lot of time on the server and their feelings about reset. Maybe here is possible consensus in plan of the period before reset come true... Well it's easiest way. I'm sure here is other variants available too. But the question of resetting was always as Xerox said once... It's just about the time...

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Leo.” ().

to be fair as a way of 'apologizing for the wipe' do the first 2 weeks or month as a increased point gain event for the server to get it back on its feet
    now this is gona sound incredibly nasty but i know a few people will agree with this but its still gona get me alot of hate. the people that are petty enough to leave after something like a reset were clearly not meant to be members in the first place as it just shows that they became members primarily for selfish reasons and have no loyalty to the communityand are clearly here only for themselves. people who play alot of MMO's and RPG games will get this because every time u create a new character ur basically doing the equivalent of a reset and starting an entire game from scratch and any mmo player knows that its part of the fun of gaming and it helps you come up with more creative builds for your classes (in this case your upgrades) and stuff like that
    The sever itself very clearly needs to be reset and I agree on this. If the people leave however member or no its because they are selfish children as of right now the way the stats were updated and broke it doesent matter if you reset or dont reset the gundamage only matters at 30 even then groups of survivors will gundown the other team before any single player gets the chance to and if you reset the movement speed then you wouldent have to worry about being too slow infact the only two stats that would be affected would be stamina regen and health.. As for the overall leveling and ranking if you truly play on the server then you will quickly get back to where you were and Lion can atest to this. Server needs a reset I agree with sexy.

As Lion pointed out, Me writing this should mean something with the money I've spent to "git gud"
    I have a dream of a life more Ideal..
    if we are derailing anyways:

We are very well aware that the system itself is not entirely balanced and advanced players can get so advanced the are more than overpowered.
    This is also why we have issued resets in the past and also modified the mods several times. However, with a system based on EXP gain you'll always hold this problem.
    That is also why I can ensure you that in the future a new reset will take place. When, I cannot say, but it will simply because that's the way we've managed the servers all these times.
    A problem with frequent resets is however, that you will quickly loose the interest of the people playing it. After all, what is the use of a game when there is nothing to gain with it? Especially now that less and less people play zps and thus the amount of new members our community gets is dwindling, we prefer to make some edits and keep the regulars rather than forcing a reset in the hope of attracting new players on a dying game.

Now, I know there will be people that say "but when they whine over a reset they aren't true members anyways", and I guess they have the right to say that, but it is just their opinion, not a fact. People can be teamplayers, good talking company, active on the forums etc, but yet leave after a reset. Why? Because they simply don't feel like playing the game again. Not nessecarily because they lost everything, but also because they don't feel like starting anew. Does that suddenly make them egocentrical rulebreakers? no. They simply don't play the game any more, and eventually leave the community because they loose contact with most of the members. One of the very reasons we have hopped over to other games isn't to attract new people on those games, but to give players that are already a member a chance to still play with SoD people on SoD servers without needing to force themselves to play ZPS every time. The most important reasons these people eventually get closed out is not because they stop playing, but because other people regard them as 'leavers'. After all, non of the members that left after the last reset suddenly dropped their membership and stated they never wanted to see us again, but they slided towards inactivity when time passed by.

These are my five cents in this. If you don't like the second part, read it as the opinion of zps player Mikeforall instead of a statement from SoD Community Manager Crispy Bacon.
    Changes - JX MOD 1.4.5 - 01/10/2016

- Fixed the Achievement "Das ist meine Schlüsselkarte" from not working at all.
    - Decreased Toughness on higher levels
    - Increased Melee damage on all levels
    - Increased Gun damage on all levels
    - Changed the way the Achievement "One in the Chamber" is checked. This is just a code change and does'nt affect the way it is unlocked.
    - Possible fix for the Matryrium not doing any damage.
    - You wil now receive a message if you successfully found a Member on the hospital of fate map
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Did you ever the hear the tragedy of Angela Ziegler the wise ?
    Show Spoiler

I thought not. It's not a story the
    Blizzard Devs would tell you. It's an Overwatch legend.
    Angela Ziegler was the main healer of Overwatch, so powerful and so skilled she could use her rapid healing to influence the human body to create life...
    She had such a knowledge of healing that she could even keep the ones she cared about from dying.
    The Zürich PHD is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
    She became so powerful... the only thing she was afraid of was losing her power, which eventually, of course, she did.
    Unfortunately, she taught Jeff Kaplan everything she knew, then her developers nerfed her in her sleep.
    Ironic, she could save others from death, but not herself.
    OHHHH YESSS!!! ACHIEVEMENT HUNTING BEGINS NOW!

Also the gun damage and melee damage buff is amazing. Now melee will be more effective against zombie hp regen users.
    Thanks XeroX! And the easter egg on Hospital is awesome too.

Keep up the good work, I think everything is pretty balanced now.
    Meele damage? Not to be rude or anything, but i think it is unnecessary to increase it, due to the fact that if you are good with meele, you do not need extra damage.
    It is op enough as it is with or without upgrades. It pretty much just makes the ones with the highest upgrade level even more op and un-killable.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Z-zachary” ().

Z-zachary wrote:

Meele damage? Not to be rude or anything, but i think it is unnecessary to increase it, due to the fact that if you are good with meele, you do not need extra damage.
    It is op enough as it is with or without upgrades. It pretty much just makes the ones with the highest upgrade level even more op and un-killable.

since the HP-regen timeout has been nullified an increase in melee-damage is nessesary to not render it utterly useless. Sure, you might still decapitate a zombie with 1 sledgehit, but when hammering a zombie with a plank or racket when that zombie regenerates 40hp/sec you aren't gonna make it far.

Post by “Bizerco” ()

This post was deleted by the author themselves: “The post is nolonger valid” ().
Copyright © by soldiersofdemise.com 2019